Thursday, July 9, 2009

Week 1 The Fourth Screen

It seems to me that the idea of the fourth screen has brought us full circle. Instead of being tied to our television and isolated we are able to be wireless and socially engaged with what we are viewing. I am a visual/auditory learner so I really get the idea of being wireless and social about what I view. I really get into some reality programming because I am a very social person and it always gives me a light topic to discuss with people. All I have to say is did you see American Idol or Survivor last night, and you will definitely get some sort of a reaction! I mean really, how much fun is it to immediately share a hysterical YouTube video that you have stumbled across! As a matter of fact here is one for you now:
Evian Babies US.(2007).Evian Babies US [video].Retrieved July 9, 2009 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PHnRIn74Ag

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 12, 2009

    Hey Deb! I love that video and it makes my kids laugh too. The fourth screen concept is right on, but I would like to play the devils advocate for a minute. As you can tell from my post I have the same views as you on the future of education, technology, creativity, etc., but I like keep myself in check also.

    We have finally learned to be more social again with the help of our mobile TV, but wouldn't be easier to just drop the TV and be more sociable period. Wha't the fifth screen? One that will be imbedded into our retina at birth? As I mentioned before, I am not against the future, I am just so unsure about the long term results.

    Great post, all of them, but this one caught my fancy. Have a great night!

    Todd S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 4th screen as an ad, but it's flawed in that the thing that made all of these "screens" successful was the shared experience. It's just like you mentioned in a previous entry, about sharing the previous night's Seinfeld episode around the water-cooler, the real fun was in the sharing, not just the first experience of watching the episode. And I love the skating babies...

    ReplyDelete