Saturday, July 25, 2009

Week 3 Comment on Todd Saperstien Post

tsaperstein said...

Debb, I love that video also. Being a college level graphic design instructor I get to see the long term effects of this issue first hand. The students in my program have chosen creativity for a living, yet they have lost the ability to think creatively. When I give the a blank canvas they look like deer in headlights. It's almost cult like, they need to be deprogramed before the can move forward. Maybe that's why I love my job so much. My goal is not just to teach them about graphic design, but to enrich their lives for ever and put the power of creativity back in their hands. When I see that light go back on it's like magic. There is no feeling in the world like it.

Great post, I can feel the love. I got your back Debb, you are not alone and I am not one for backing down.

Hey Todd,
You have the best job! You inspire your students to be creative and that it is OKAY to take risks. I would love to know what they are producing when you set them loose. I love to watch my 4 year old grandson color and play with play dough, and to just pretend! He makes up songs and some of the pictures that he has colored have won contests, because he is "allowed" to color his pictures how ever "he" chooses! They are amazing, his sunsets are filled with an array of colors. Keep doing what you do! It is more valuable than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment