Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Week 2 Tutorial/ScreenFlow

I purchased ScreenFlow a while ago but I haven’t had time to go through the tutorial and explore the possibilities of the program. I tried this program out in my filming class, but I was under pressure to get an assignment done and did not have the time to do the tutorial. Well, now that I have done the tutorial, I can’t believe that I actually imported all of the raw film into iMovie and did the editing there when it would have been so much easier to do it in ScreenFlow! I love this program it is an excellent tool to develop tutorials.
MacItoshtipz.(2009).ScreenFlow tutorial 1: overview & basic features.Retrieved July 13, 2009, from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owi5oPFkwVs


2 comments:

  1. Presently, I do not own Screen Flow, but I've been enormously impressed with its usefulness--especially as I've progressed through Full Sail's Graduate Masters program in Education Media Design and Technology. This blog post further convinces me that purchasing my own copy might prove to be a worthwhile investment. Furthermore, I think children (students) would have fun producing tutorials using this program. For example, every year our 5th graders write letters of explanation and instruction for the incoming 4th graders: informing them about all of the many 5th-grade-related instructional concerns that await them. I would love to see what kind of contrasting impact a Screen Flow production might make--instead of merely telling them about particular assessments they should expect, being able to show them screen-captured images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love screenflow, but I can totally understand that it's tough to decided when to add a new process. I've had a copy of Final Cut Studio for a year, but every video I do goes through iMovie at some point. Ack.

    ReplyDelete