Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Week 1 Show Me What You Know Project

I wouldn't know half of what I know about media presentation if it wasn't for Full Sail University! One of the most valuable things that I have learned is how valuable digital story telling is for students. My students have never written so fast and created a storyboard as fast as when we started to use digital story telling. I will post some of my students digital stories later when I have access to my classroom computer. So in the mean time I am posting my poetry in motion movie, not because it is a master piece but because I struggled so much with it. I struggled because I had to put my self "out there" and it made me feel vulnerable. Which turned out to be very rewarding in the end, and made me feel like a student again, being afraid to take risks. This experience made me a better teacher and brought me back to my students level and to encouraged them to take risks.

3 comments:

  1. Deb Quinn! I remember this project clearly because I was so impressed with your poem and with the courage you had to share such a personal creative expression! I have seen you're work grow in both depth and scope as we've traveled the winding road of this program together.

    "What does Deb Quinn know?" - How to be an awesome teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved this story! You have a great storytelling voice! I need to borrow you for voiceovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images and sentiments. Great job.

    ReplyDelete