Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Week 1 Reading

Creative Commons
My favorite water cooler experience with a T.V. show was with Seinfeld. It made the workday after the show so much fun. I would bring in items from the show and put them on my friend’s desk, things like a Pez dispenser or Junior mints and we would laugh like crazy discussing the previous night’s episode! So, when Jenkins says, "Survivor spoiling is collective intelligence in practice" (Jenkins,2006)I know exactly what he means. What an exciting social experience, and to collaborate with people from around the world in different times zones well that is just an exhilarating thought, I wish I had been a part of the fun!
I agree that spoiling is like a game, because it is a competition to see who can obtain the latest clue first, wouldn’t we all want to be the “winner”.

Jenkins,H.(2006).Convergence culture: Where old and new media collide.New York, New York University Press

2 comments: